Conserve Idaho Water – Don’t Pollute
WE CAN’T CHANGE THE WORLD - But, we can keep our circle of life and homes here in Boise, Idaho, the City of Trees and Oasis of the High Desert clean and green!
WATER, OUR PRECIOUS RESOURCE, CONSERVE AND DON’T POLLUTE OUR DRAINS
Check out these ideas that work:
- Mow and mulch your lawn, and compost clippings.
- Latex paintbrushes should be washed in your sink.
- Drop off paints, chemicals and unused or left over garden chemicals at your nearest Hazardous Materials collection sites.
- Don’t let your car leak…repair those leaks, and recycle that motor oil.
- Don’t overuse or abuse lawn treatments.
- If hardscaping is an option for your yard, go for it! Or if you want to think green and see green, then plant with water conservation in mind: create a efficient watering systems and plant water conserving plants.
- Throw cat, bird, and dog wastes in the garbage.
- Sweep your concrete instead of washing.
- Plan your car trips to avoid wasting gas and if you are able, ride your bike, take the bus, carpool or walk.
- You can mark your storm drains. Call 384-3901 for marking kits. Partners for Clean Water